The Canada FASD Research Network has developed a series of “issue papers” that provide a 2-3 page overview of a range of issues related to FASD based on the latest research.
Some of the prevention-related topics include:
- Dose-response effect of alcohol consumption during pregnancy and prenatal alcohol exposure: A brief review
- Warning Labels
- Meconium Screening for FASD in Pregnancy
- Prevention of FASD: A multi-level model
- Nutritional Supplementation and FASD
Other topics related to FASD more generally include:
- Computer Game Interventions for Individuals with FASD
- Employment and FASD: Strategies for Success
- FASD and the Criminal Justice System
- Social and Economic Cost of FASD
- Stigma, Discrimination and FASD
These issue papers can be a great way to catch up on recent research or to get a quick overview of an area of work you’re not as familiar with. All the issue papers can be downloaded from the Canada FASD Research Network website.