Healthy Child Manitoba, in partnership with the Canada Northwest FASD Partnership, will be hosting the Living Well: FASD and Mental Health conference to be held at the Winnipeg Convention Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba from November 5-7, 2014.
The Living Well: FASD and Mental Health conference will bring awareness to issues related to mental health and mental illness for those most directly affected by FASD and will foster a commitment to advance the knowledge and implementation of evidence informed strategies and programs.
Participants will learn about current research and best practices in responding to complex issues such as:
- Mental health and substance use for pregnant and parenting women
- Mental wellness for those living with FASD
- Case management for individuals living with FASD and mental health co-morbidities
- Diagnosing FASD and co-occurring mental health disorders
- Emotional wellbeing for caregivers of individuals living with FASD
See the call for abstracts here. Deadline for submission is April 25, 2014.