The Winnipeg Sun reports that the Manitoba Liberal Platform includes putting FASD warning labels on bottles of alcohol sold in Manitoba.
According to the Strong Families, Healthy Communities platform on the Manitoba Liberal Party web site, the Liberal Party will “Better prevent and fight FASD and addictions to reduce crime with smart approaches, not reactionary ones.” TB, dental caries in children, and diabetes are other health issues that get a special mention in the platform.
Read the news coverage Two parties unveil platforms (Paul Turenne, Winnipeg Sun, September 21, 2011).
For more on the politics of warning labels, see earlier posts:
- Politics of alcohol warning labels: Australia and Canada (July 20, 2011)
- FASD Prevention in France (May 12, 2011)
- First FebFast and debates about alcohol labeling in New Zealand (February 1, 2011)
- Australian beer company to voluntarily print warning labels about the harms of alcohol during pregnancy (January 31, 2011)
- More activism from Australia (October 19, 2010)